Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Humble Yourself like a Child

 

Gospel
Matthew 18:1-5, 10, 12-14

Reading

Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me. - Matthew 18:4-5


Revelation

Today, God invites you to rediscover the beauty of being His child. Childlike faith does not demand explanations; it simply believes. Childlike humility does not seek position; it seeks closeness. Childlike trust does not calculate outcomes; it rests in the Father’s hands. When you humble yourself like a child, you stop carrying burdens that are not yours. You stop trying to control what only God can handle. You stop striving for greatness and instead begin living in grace.


Reflection

Ask your heart: Have I complicated my walk with God? Have I allowed fear, pride, or overthinking to cloud simple trust?

The Lord shows you that when you remove the layers of pride, overthinking, and self reliance, your relationship with Him becomes clearer, lighter, and more joyful. Simplicity is not weakness—it is the doorway to divine strength. Trust is not naivety—it is the anchor of spiritual stability.

Keep your relationship with God simple. Simplicity and trust are two things that make your journey of faith become easier. Let your faith today be simple. Let your trust be wholehearted. Let your heart be small enough for God to lift, and open enough for Him to fill.


Response 

Lord Jesus, 

I come before You with a heart that longs to be simple again. Teach me to humble myself like a child— to trust You without fear, to follow You without hesitation, to love You without conditions.
Remove from me the pride that complicates my faith, the worries that cloud my mind, and the self reliance that distances me from Your grace.

Give me a childlike spirit— one that believes Your word, rests in Your promises, and delights in Your presence. Make my relationship with You simple, pure, and joyful. Lift me when I am weak, guide me when I am unsure, and hold me close when I feel small. 

Jesus, I place my whole life in Your hands. Teach me to walk with You in humility, simplicity, and trust. Amen.



Source
Conversation with Copilot